New to this site? So is everyone else – I just launched it today. Hi, I’m Leo, and I’m the author of the Zen Habits blog and The Power of Less.
Here’s a quick overview of this site and how it will help you.
- About this site. What is 6Changes.com? Choose 6 habits for 2010, and I’ll help you form them.
- The 6 Changes Method. Here’s the method that you’ll use to form each of the 6 habits.
- Suggest habits. Which six will you choose? Some recommendations.
- The Importance of Public Accountability. Why it’s one of the foundations of the method, and how to do it.
- What’s a Trigger & Why Is It So Important? Another key to the method.
- Why You Should Do Only One Habit at a Time. Answers one of the most common questions people have about the method.
- How to Be Patient as Your Habit Develops. It’s not easy to do it this slowly, but here’s how it works and how to do it.
- The Problem With New Year’s Resolutions. Actually, a number of problems. And how this method will solve them.
- The Art of the Start of a Habit. Why starting is so hard and how this method overcomes it.
- How to Kick a Bad Habit. Suggested method that has worked for me in the past.
- How to Form the Exercise Habit. One of a series of planned posts about how to apply the method.
- Key to Habit Change: Enjoy the Activity. Don’t force yourself to do something you hate. Find ways to enjoy it instead.
- Make Your Habit Change a Priority. How not to let it drop by the wayside.
- Don’t Worry So Much About Long-term Goals. Focus on the process, not the end point.
- Why Daily Frequency of Habits is Important. Daily habits are better than ones you do once a week, or even 2-3 times a week.
I will put these articles and others together into a free ebook soon, for your downloading pleasure.
For more on successful habit change technique, as well as ways to simplify your life and become more effective, check out my book, The Power of Less.